Happy New Year Mommas! You have probably already made your list of New Year’s resolutions but here is a list 10 things you should leave behind for the new year.
- Self Doubt. You got this Momma! It’s not easy but you got this!
- Neglecting Self Care. It’s cliche but you have to fill your well in order to give to others.
- Bad Eating Habits. Your kids’ leftovers should not suffice as your meal.
- Putting Your Needs Last. Some times, everybody else is going to have to wait including the kids and your partner.
- Hating Your Body. Your body gave life and that deserves celebrating, not hating.
- Dreaming Small. You are a mom which inherently means you make shit happen. So set the example for your kid by dreaming big and just doing it.
- Beating Yourself Up. You are going to make mistakes every day. It comes with the territory. Instead if raking yourself over the coals, take in the lesson, give apologies and move on.
- Taking Everything Seriously. Raising kids is serious business but that doesn’t mean you can’t let go and relish in the fun moments. Your kids would love to see you laughing along with them.
- Doing It All. You are doing too much! Stop, breathe and ask for help.
- Rushing Through The Days. We all lead very busy lives and we spend most of our time hurrying to get somewhere or get something done. Before we know it there will be more parenting days behind us than in front of us. Slow down!
Elisha Beach is a stay-at-home mom to four kids and four step-kids…Yes, you read that right—eight kids. She is a wife, home cook, taxi driver, herder of children, terrible housekeeper and founder of The Mom Forum.
If you enjoyed this blog, be sure to subscribe to our email list to get more blogs like this straight to your inbox and receive a free printout of “Mom Mantras” that will inspire you throughout your day.