With motherhood comes stress and with stress comes lots of tensions in your muscles. Tight shoulders, spasing back muscles and cricks in your neck can become a regular occurrence when you are carrying 30 lb children, driving in your car for hours, sleeping in funny positions to accommodate wild kids or dealing with stress of parenting a teenager. But who has time to get a full massage every time you feel your muscles tightening up? So here are some great self massage gadgets mom must have that can help any mom get the kinks out.
*This blog post contains affiliate links.
- Myofascial Massage Ball Kit $21.99. This kit is a godsend for those back muscles that are just out of reach. You just place the balls on the floor, lay on them and let your body weight do the work to get those deep knots out. These are also magical for the sciatica area and the lower back pain that comes along with pregnancy and postpartum.
- Hot/Cold Foot Massage Roller $8.96. Most moms are on their feet for a big part of the day. From chasing after kids to running around at work, it seems there isn’t much time for resting your feet. A good roll on this massage roller at the end of the night can help get out some of that tension in your feet.
- Foam Roller $34.95. Carrying a kid around on your jutted out hip, or leaning over to keep a toddler balanced or driving around for hours a day can be killer on your lower back and thigh muscles. This foam roller is great for rolling out your back and legs after a long day of momming.
- Massage Polar Roller $25.49. This roller is the perfect tool for when you get a crick in your neck. It allows you to apply deep pressure in hard to reach areas without pinching your skin like many of the ball rollers do. It’s a must have for breastfeeding moms and any parent that has a kid in their bed forcing them to sleep in uncomfortable positions.
- Handheld Cordless Massager $55.98 Sometimes you barely have the energy to take your clothes off and wash your face much less try to massage the kinks out from the day. This magical device will do all the work for you. Just turn it on and allow it to work out the kinks. And I highly encourage using it for an overall release if you know what I am saying 😜😜.
Elisha Beach is a stay-at-home mom to four kids and four step-kids…Yes, you read that right—eight kids. She is a wife, home cook, taxi driver, herder of children, terrible housekeeper and founder of The Mom Forum.
If you enjoyed this blog, be sure to subscribe to our email list to get more blogs like this straight to your inbox.