It’s that time of the year when is school is coming to an end and summer days at the beach are right around the corner (can I get a Hallelujah!). I am no big fan of sand but the magic that happens with kids at the beach is more than worth all the sand I find in the crevices of my swim suit. And can we talk about the level of packing needed to get your family through one day at the beach. But here are 6 must haves for family beach days that make going to the beach so much easier and enjoyable.
- ClimateCase in Onyx $34.99 When at the beach, pool or any outdoor summer activity, your cell phone is very likely to overheat and then shutdown. Then you have to hide it somewhere deep down in your bag and wait for it to cool off before you use it and that is just annoying. This cell phone case keeps your cell phone from overheating and also freezing in the cold weather and can keep the sand from getting stuck in all the little crevices.
- Timber Ridge Folding Beach Wagon $129.99 Have you ever tried to carry beach bags, beach chairs and a cooler while trying to corral kids and walk on sand all at the same time? It’s near impossible and should be classified as a full body workout. A beach wagon is worth every penny and will make your trip to the beach 10x easier.
- Goplus Double Folding Picnic Chairs w/Umbrella $43.99 After having kids, my back isn’t what is use to be and a day at the beach can do me in. So beach chairs are a definite and adding an umbrella to the mix is an added bonus. Plus this one one packs up easily in an easy to carry bag.
- Angemay Portable Beach Mat $17.99 You always need a beach mat for every beach trip so you don’t end up sitting on hot sand. This one is easily portable but still large enough for your family and manages to keep the sand buildup to a minimum level.
- WolfWise Easy Pop Up Beach Tent $69.98 If you have younger kids a pop up tent can be a lifesaver. This tent provides a great shaded area for naptime or lunch time. And you can literally pop it open with just a shake even with a little one on your hip. There are no crazy instructions or complicated poles to deal with.
- Water Sports Sand-Off Beach Mitt $11.99 Sand is the worst. It gets every where and then you find it all over your car for months to come. It is impossible to avoid the sand but you can at least reduce the amount of sand your kids trek into the car with this sand-off mitt.
What are your beach day must haves for family beach days?
Elisha Beach is a stay-at-home mom to four kids and four step-kids…Yes, you read that right—eight kids. She is a wife, home cook, taxi driver, herder of children, terrible housekeeper, selfcare advocate and founder of The Mom Forum.
If you enjoyed this blog, be sure to subscribe to our email list to get more blogs like this straight to your inbox